Deploy / Deploy (push) Successful in 36s Details
- Somewhere to host your page
- A web server with PHP enabled
git clone https://git.rita.moe/kody/home.git && cd home
- add wallpapers in
yarn && yarn build
- serve the
(or move the content of that folder to your public site)
Q: Why did you use Vue for this??
A: Shut up and load my 100KB code. (Because SCSS and functions are a bit easier.)
Q: Why the PHP file?
A: To load a random image for the day from the
public/wallpapers/ folder of course. My web server runs with PHP already, so why not put a nice li'l script in here.
Q: Can I get a list of all your wallpapers?
- Have things not hardcoded and not public (like the locations for the weather or transports, aniSched/RSS source...)
- Cache external calls in case they go down and to limit how fast we reach them
- Include external PHP scripts I use (for anime times take a look here)
- Upgrade to VueJS 3 (+ Vite)
- Move quotes to an external service (quotes.kody.workers.dev)
Recommended IDE Setup
- Weather Icons by Erik Flowers
- Weather data from prevision-meteo.ch
- Transport data from the Swiss public transport API